Friday, April 24, 2009

Carlsbad, CA










It has been a few days since I put up a post, however it has taken us a few days to re-group after losing our little Duke. So here goes back on the vacation trail!

I fell in love with Carlsbad. Our campsite was right on the ocean. The RV sat up on a cliff and it was wonderful. I enjoyed the ocean where we saw dolphins taking a morning swim. We also saw a shark! Thankfully the water was to cold to get in ... right? The downtown is quaint with nice shops and restaurants. It would be a nice place to be for a while.

Carlsbad State Park does not allow dogs down on their beach. So we took a drive south a couple miles to Del Mar Beach. They were dog friendly - which is always needed for us. I raised Zuzu mainly in Florida so she is right at home in the salty surf. She was a happy doggy. We were happy people!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you saw dolphins and a shark! I bet Zu was in heaven :). She always loved the beach.

    The picture of the sun and the tiki torch is beautiful!

    ~aimee

    ReplyDelete